In 2014 Irish Horsemanship will be 10 years old!!! Thank you to all our friends who helped to make this the best 10 years of horsemanship ever. In 2014 there will be BIG things happening.. Stay tuned!
Here’s how to get started:
1. MOST importantly – sign up to our newsletter above. Trust me you do not want to miss out on what’s coming in 2014.
2. Join us on facebook…. we often post lots of quotes & sayings from the best horse trainers in the world. If you need a quick dose of high level horsemanship this is it.
3. Grab a cup of coffee and relax while reading through our awesome (no other word really does them justice) clinic reviews below, from amazing trainers Elaine has been lucky enough to watch in action.
4. Join in the fun in our online forum.
5. Browse through this website, you’ll never know what you might find.. from super trainers around Ireland to bestselling horse books and iPhone apps…
UNMISSABLE HORSE READING:
- The 2013 Martin Black UK clinic report
- The Ray Hunt story. ‘You’ve got to give something you never gave to get something you never had.’
- Mark Rashid May 2012 clinic report
- The Philip Nye approach
- Legacy of Legends Horse clinic, Vegas with Buck Brannaman, Peter Campbell, Martin Black & others
- BUck Clinic Report, Italy
UNMISSABLE HORSE VIDEOS:
Here are two videos by the straight talking and out of the world horseman Buck Brannaman. I had the pleasure of watching him teach last year, and HOLY COW watching that guy ride would take your breath away. If you haven’t seen his movie, get it today for about £8 (even non-horsey people will enjoy it) and he’s also got a series of 7 DVDs from his clinics available now, my set are in the post somewhere over the Irish Sea.
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress,
you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
“Horses aren’t lazy and they’re not greedy and they’re not jealous and they’re not spiteful, they’re not hateful. They’re not that way. But the human can sometimes only describe a horse in the way that they view other human beings.” Buck Brannaman
“There is no way that the horse will ever try to take advantage of you. It’s as honest and as truthful as anything you could ever work with. It has no ego that gets in its way. It has no pride that gets in its way. It doesn’t know what win or lose is. Those are the four things that get in the human’s way. All the horse is trying to do is to survive; it’s trying to make it. So I try to work with it like it was me…………just like I hope it would work with me.” Ray Hunt
“Horses are very sensitive animals. They have the sensitivity to be able to feel the weight of a fly. You folks who have been around horses know that because you put flyspray on them in the summer time……….and yet when you ride them, you ride them like they don’t have any feeling. You ride them with pulleys and cables, chains, wires, tie-downs and martingales. Why?” Ray Hunt
“When you realise how much you can do with so little, your life will change.” Elaine Heney